Trouble With The Curve

Welcome to another episode of Lights....Camera....Popcorn!



Today's review is Trouble With The Curve.



Directed by Robert Lorenz.

Written by Randy Brown.

Review #177

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language, sexual references, some thematic material and smoking.

Run Time: 111 min

Cast

Clint Eastwood ... Gus

Amy Adams ... Mickey

Matthew Lillard ... Phillip Sanderson

Robert Patrick ... Vince

John Goodman ... Pete Klein

Scott Eastwood ... Billy Clark

Jay Galloway ... Rigo Sanchez

Joe Massingill ... Bo Gentry


Baseball movies have been around forever. Some good. Some great. Some not so good. Then you have the bad ones. Only to be bested by the really bad ones. Where does Trouble With The Curve fit? I'm not really sure. The reason for my confusion is due to the fact that I just didn't care about what happened during this movie.

At all.

Plot

An ailing baseball scout in his twilight years takes his daughter along for one last recruiting trip. 


I'm going to save you all and myself a lot of time here and just tell you not waste your time with this movie. The story is so poorly constructed and all over the place. There are countless times where Eastwood and Adams' characters contradict themselves that after the first few times it became more than just clunky. It bordered on lack of structure and direction. I'm done with this one. I can't bring myself to write more. I cared less and less about this film as I was watching it. I'm not going to devote my valuable time writing about why I didn't care.

I'm moving on.

On the 5 star scale. Trouble With the Curve gets the goose egg. 0 stars. With a "Save The Loot!" recommendation.

That's a wrap for today. Up next is Dredd.

Until Next Episode...."I'll Save You A Seat!"

"D"

No comments:

Post a Comment